This version of the RICU course is designed for the individual, self-directed learner using online tools. This program is also available in other formats (see below).
The Resident ICU (RICU) courses are designed to familiarize the resident in training with issues faced in caring for the critically ill patient. While this program is designed specifically for residents rotating through the ICU, many other individuals will find this course useful as a basic primer in critical care medicine. The course is available to individuals for online education and is available in both Adult (AICU) and Pediatric (PICU) curriculums.Course Objectives
1. To prepare the ICU resident for management of the critically ill patient
2. To assist the ICU resident in dealing with sudden deterioration of the critically ill patient.
3. To provide ICU clinicians with background and assessment tools for the management of critically ill patients.
4. To prepare residents, nurses and other critical care practitioners to deal with acute deterioration in the critically ill patient. Target Audience:
• Residents in training, without the benefit of a course program director
• Nurse Practitioners
• Pharmacy Residents
• Emergence Medical Professional
• ICU clinicians without benefit of prior ICU experience
• Medical Students
This online course includes:
• Pre- and Post-Tests
This individual, self-directed course does NOT include any pre/post tests. These are only available in the instructor led format.
• Course Textbook
No text book is available for this course.
• Skills Stations
The course does not include skills stations
• Presentation Format
The RICU online courses are presented in English. Presentation materials appear onscreen and some include narration. All include access to slides in Adobe PDF Format. Interactive activities keep the learner engaged. The learner may leave and return to the program at any time, however the system does not keep track of which chapters have been viewed or where the learner left off. The online program is available immediately after purchase and remains available to the registrant for one year from date of purchase. The program must be viewed while connected to the Internet. This online program is best viewed using Internet Explorer, although it may also be viewed using other browsers which can view Adobe Flash files. (Not currently compatible with Apple Mobile OS [i.e., iPad, iPhone].) Once you have completed the registration process, you will access the course by logging into www.MySCCM.org.
No CE/CME is provided for this program.
Click here to register for the self-directed Resident - Adult (AICU) Course
Click here to register for the self-directed Resident - Pediatric (PICU) Course
• Pricing (for online course)
Other Formats Available
The above program is also available in an instructor-led online format which contains more features.